Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
This Is NPR
Thu March 21, 2013
NPR In The News: The SXSW Snapshots Edition
Originally published on Wed March 20, 2013 5:00 pm
The NPR Music team just returned from SXSW in Austin, TX, hosting packed showcases, interviews and broadcasts from around the city.
Those of us not in the Lone Star State followed along online, through live webcasts and in social media. We kept tabs on our colleagues as they ran around the city documenting the sights and taking in shows. Check out a selection of photos in the slideshow above to see some of the action and find out what others had to say at NPR Music's SXSW offerings below.
- The Wall Street Journal capped off a ton of press coverage from NPR Music SXSW activities with an in-depth feature. In an interview for the article, REM manager Bertis Downs said, "To me, a mention on NPR Music is more valuable than any magazine cover... on NPR Music you're linked to the whole world."
- The Hollywood Reporter, The New York Times, MTV and Rolling Stone all reviewed the NPR Music SXSW Showcase at Stubb's, which included Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Café Tacvba and Alt-J.
- TIME Magazine proclaimed NPR Music "is pretty much the top tastemaker at SXSW at this point..."
Before the music was in full swing, members of the tech and digital media industries gathered for SXSW Interactive. NPR had a stake in this side of the conference as well, hosting a Generation Listen event for young people excited to engage with public media.
- The New York Times reported on the event and spoke with NPR's Danielle Deabler about how the new project got rolling.