Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed February 5, 2014
NOPD To Conduct Thursday Night Sobriety Checkpoint
The New Orleans Police Department will conduct a sobriety checkpoint Thursday night, the department announced in a press release.
The checkpoint, to be conducted by the NOPD's Traffic Division, is scheduled to begin at approximately 9 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 6, and last until about 5 a.m. the next morning. The NOPD says drivers encountering the checkpoint should only experience minimal delays, and should have proper documentation on them, including proof of insurance and a driver's license.
Checkpoint notifications are required by the Louisiana Supreme Court, but there is no requirement to announce the checkpoint's exact location.
“I would like to remind all drivers to always drink responsibly and use a designated driver,” NOPD Superintendent Ronal Serpas was quoted as saying.