Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed February 5, 2014
NOPD To Conduct Thursday Night Sobriety Checkpoint
The New Orleans Police Department will conduct a sobriety checkpoint Thursday night, the department announced in a press release.
The checkpoint, to be conducted by the NOPD's Traffic Division, is scheduled to begin at approximately 9 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 6, and last until about 5 a.m. the next morning. The NOPD says drivers encountering the checkpoint should only experience minimal delays, and should have proper documentation on them, including proof of insurance and a driver's license.
Checkpoint notifications are required by the Louisiana Supreme Court, but there is no requirement to announce the checkpoint's exact location.
“I would like to remind all drivers to always drink responsibly and use a designated driver,” NOPD Superintendent Ronal Serpas was quoted as saying.