Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
WWNO News Features
Wed December 2, 2009
The New Orleans Photographs of John T. Mendes
By Fred Kasten
New Orleans – He lived modestly - kept to himself - had few relatives and no close friends - yet when New Orleans native John T. Mendes died in 1965 - he left behind a rich legacy of over 600 remarkable photographs of the people and places of the Crescent City in the early years of the 20th century. Those photographs are now spotlighted in a new book from UNO Press - and exhibition at the Historic New Orleans Collection. WWNO's Fred Kasten has more...
To find out more about the new volume of photographs by John T. Mendes from UNO Press - "Dogs in My Life: The New Orleans Photographs of John Tibule Mendes" - click here .
For more information about the exhibition of photographs by John T. Mendes at the Historic New Orleans Collection - click here .