Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Thu September 20, 2012
New Orleans to join White House anti-violence initiative
A White House initiative designed to prevent youth violence has been expanded to include New Orleans and three other cities.
The Justice Department announced Wednesday that New Orleans, Philadelphia, Minneapolis and Camden, N.J., have been selected to participate in the National Forum on Youth Violence Prevention.
They will join six other cities — Boston; Chicago; Detroit; Memphis, Tenn.; Salinas, Calif.; and San Jose, Calif. — already involved in the initiative launched in 2010.
The 10 cities are scheduled to hold a national summit in Washington next spring.