Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Thu September 20, 2012
New Orleans to join White House anti-violence initiative
A White House initiative designed to prevent youth violence has been expanded to include New Orleans and three other cities.
The Justice Department announced Wednesday that New Orleans, Philadelphia, Minneapolis and Camden, N.J., have been selected to participate in the National Forum on Youth Violence Prevention.
They will join six other cities — Boston; Chicago; Detroit; Memphis, Tenn.; Salinas, Calif.; and San Jose, Calif. — already involved in the initiative launched in 2010.
The 10 cities are scheduled to hold a national summit in Washington next spring.