Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Mon January 7, 2013
New, Old Appointees to Regents, SU Board
Gov. Bobby Jindal has made appointments to two of the state's higher education boards; the Board of Regents and the Southern University Board of Supervisors.
Among those appointed Friday to the Southern board is Leon Tarver, a former president of Southern.
New members named to the Southern board were Michael Small, of Slidell, a senior network engineer at Computech Solutions Inc.; and Raymond Fondel Jr., of Lake Charles, who owns an insurance agency.
New members Jindal named to the Board of Regents are businessman Robert Lipsey, of Baton Rouge; Joel Dupre, of New Orleans, who is president of Southern Recycling; and Edward Markle of New Orleans, the president of Markle & Associates.