Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue May 1, 2012
Netherlands Celebrates Queen Beatrix
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. In the Netherlands yesterday, thousands of citizens were out celebrating Queen's Day. The holiday honors Queen Beatrix. The queen and her family celebrated by defending the royal banner in a series of games, including tug-of-war and soap box racing. And then there was Crown Prince Willem-Alexander, who participated in the day's final event - a toilet bowl tossing contest. Yes, we can apparently thank the Netherlands for bringing new meaning to royal throne. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.