Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Tue April 17, 2012
Navy Week Events Rescheduled Due to Rain
Tall ships and modern Navy vessels are arriving in New Orleans for Navy Week, but the rainy reception is causing some changes in celebration plans.
Organizers of celebrations planned through Monday have postponed a fireworks show at the river that was set for tonight. It will be held tomorrow night instead, starting at 8:30 p.m.
For this weekend's Blue Angels air show over Lake Pontchartrain, officials are asking visitors to carpool or ride bikes. Visitors who do decide to drive can park at the UNO Arena and SUNO campus for $20. The show is set to start at 1 p.m. Saturday, and again at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday – between UNO and Lakefront Airport.
The city would also like residents to participate in events marking the War of 1812 at home, by displaying flags to welcome the visiting military.
All Things New Orleans