Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
Tue April 17, 2012
Navy Week Events Rescheduled Due to Rain
Tall ships and modern Navy vessels are arriving in New Orleans for Navy Week, but the rainy reception is causing some changes in celebration plans.
Organizers of celebrations planned through Monday have postponed a fireworks show at the river that was set for tonight. It will be held tomorrow night instead, starting at 8:30 p.m.
For this weekend's Blue Angels air show over Lake Pontchartrain, officials are asking visitors to carpool or ride bikes. Visitors who do decide to drive can park at the UNO Arena and SUNO campus for $20. The show is set to start at 1 p.m. Saturday, and again at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday – between UNO and Lakefront Airport.
The city would also like residents to participate in events marking the War of 1812 at home, by displaying flags to welcome the visiting military.
All Things New Orleans