Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Tue April 17, 2012
Navy Week Events Rescheduled Due to Rain
Tall ships and modern Navy vessels are arriving in New Orleans for Navy Week, but the rainy reception is causing some changes in celebration plans.
Organizers of celebrations planned through Monday have postponed a fireworks show at the river that was set for tonight. It will be held tomorrow night instead, starting at 8:30 p.m.
For this weekend's Blue Angels air show over Lake Pontchartrain, officials are asking visitors to carpool or ride bikes. Visitors who do decide to drive can park at the UNO Arena and SUNO campus for $20. The show is set to start at 1 p.m. Saturday, and again at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday – between UNO and Lakefront Airport.
The city would also like residents to participate in events marking the War of 1812 at home, by displaying flags to welcome the visiting military.
All Things New Orleans