Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Tue October 23, 2012
Miami Marlins Fire Manager Ozzie Guillen
Baseball manager Ozzie Guillen's difficult year, which began with him getting suspended for telling Time magazine "I love Fidel Castro," has not surprisingly ended with him being fired by the Miami Marlins.
We say it's not a surprise because the team, which at the start of the season was being talked about as a possible playoff contender, ended the season at the bottom of the National League's East Division with a 69-93 record.
Guillen spent just one season with the Marlins, after eight years managing the Chicago White Sox — a team he took to a World Series title in 2005.