Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
WWNO News Reports
Wed February 17, 2010
Mardi Gras 2010 Wraps Up
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Term-limited Mayor Ray Nagin donned a Saints jacket and cap as he toasted passing parades with champagne. Thousands lined the streets to watch the traditional floats, many wearing team jerseys. Players had their own parade last week. Quarterback Drew Brees was later King of Bacchus, and coach Sean Payton led the Orpheus parade.
Pennsylvania native Jeff Jumper said he was loving his first Mardi Gras.
His girlfriend April Gonzales said the Super Bowl excitement enhanced the Mardi Gras experience.
Celebrations come to an abrupt halt as Ash Wednesday ushers in a season of fasting and penitence until Easter.