Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Wed September 26, 2012
Mandeville bicycle path nears completion
Officials say construction of a $1.8 million pedestrian and bike path along West Causeway Approach that will help connect the east and west sides of Mandeville should be completed in two to three weeks.
Mayor Donald Villere tells The Times-Picayune plans are in the works to improve traffic signals around North Causeway Boulevard and Monroe Street to make it easier for bikers and pedestrians to cross the busy intersection.
City officials say the signals will ease traffic flow and remove a major hurdle for people who opt not to use motorized vehicles.
Money for the pathway comes from a 1-cent sales tax approved in 1987 to pay for roadways and other projects.
Baton Rouge Community College
Small Business Assistance Fund