Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Fri August 3, 2012
Man tries to carjack trooper, two other officers
A man tried to carjack a Louisiana State trooper and two members of the U.S. Marshal's Fugitive Task Force traveling in an unmarked state police unit in downtown Shreveport.
Trooper Matt Harris, spokesman for Louisiana State Police Troop G, says 25-year-old Joshua Carter, of Princeton, approached the car Wednesday about 4:30 p.m. while it was stopped at a traffic light. Harris says Carter began pulling on the car's door handle and demanding that it be opened. When he realized the vehicle was occupied by police officers, he fled.
Harris says the officers chased and caught him a short while later without incident.
Carter was booked on a charge of attempted carjacking into the Shreveport City Jail.