Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Wed May 9, 2012
Man Sought in Ex-Wife's Death Surrenders
MANDEVILLE, La. (AP) — The ex-husband of a woman whose body was found in St. Tammany Parish Sunday evening has surrendered to Calcasieu Parish authorities
Capt. George Bonnett says investigators had a warrant accusing Calvin Jefferson of second-degree murder of 31-year-old Nicole Jefferson.
Jefferson surrendered late Tuesday, about six hours after the sheriff's office announced the warrant for his arrest.
Nicole Jefferson moved from Bedford, Texas, after her divorce last year to be near her mother. Bonnett says she let Calvin Jefferson move in with her to help raise their four children. He says Calvin Jefferson has been arrested three times on domestic battery charges.
Nicole Jefferson's mother reported her daughter missing last week. Bonnett says deputies searching alongside Interstate 12 on all-terrain vehicles found her body several feet inside the tree line.