Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Thu September 13, 2012
Lt. Gov. Dardenne promotes state in Dallas
Louisiana Lt. Gov. Jay Dardenne is promoting the state's assets in neighboring Texas.
Dardenne is in Dallas to promote Louisiana Culinary Trails through a partnership with the Louisiana Travel Promotion Association and Texas Monthly magazine. The magazine is co-hosting Thursday's event for news media and food writers at which Cajun and Creole fare will be highlighted.
In addition, Dardenne was to meet with reporters to discuss the launch of Louisiana's new retirement brand and website: www.RetireLouisianaStyle.com
Dardenne notes that a large portion of the state's visitors are from neighboring states and the trip was an opportunity to tout both Louisiana's culinary assets and assets for retires that will lure them to visit and ultimately make Louisiana home.
Louisiana Culinary Trails: www.LouisianaCulinaryTrails.com
Business & Technology
Terrebonne Parish Rebranding