Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Tue January 1, 2013
Louisiana Tourism Officials Plan Fishing Website
Louisiana anglers and those planning a fishing trip to the state will be able to get information, licenses and a spot to chat online with other fishermen at what state tourism officials call a fishing microsite opening early in January.
Lt. Gov. Jay Dardenne says Louisiana is the world's finest fishing destination, and the state wants to help related businesses.
He tells The Advocate that the microsite will be linked on the tourism agency website, www.louisianatravel.com , and will include a link to the Department of Wildlife and Fisheries website, where people can buy fishing licenses online.
Dardenne says information on the site itself will include freshwater and saltwater fishing opportunities, loading and landing sites, locations of record catches, where different species can be caught, fishing limits and seasons.