Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Fri March 28, 2014
Louisiana Driver's Licenses Don't Comply With Federal Law
Louisiana residents could have trouble boarding a plane if state driver’s licenses don’t come into compliance with federal law by 2016.
The leader of the House Transportation Committee is trying to broker a compromise that will put Louisiana driver's licenses in line with a federal laws.
State lawmakers rejected the added security requirements for a driver's license in 2008, saying they were too intrusive. That resulted in Louisiana driver's licenses that are not compliant with federal REAL ID laws.
Representative Karen St. Germain says it's time to see if a deal can be struck to offer people the option of getting a REAL ID-compliant driver's license.
Otherwise, Louisiana residents could need passports to fly domestically by 2016 — or face intense questioning from airport security.
Listening Post NOLA