Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Fri August 10, 2012
Louisiana 1st-time jobless claims increase
First-time claims for unemployment insurance in Louisiana for the week ending Aug. 4 increased from the previous week's total.
The state labor department figures released Friday show the initial claims increased to 3,216 from the previous week's total of 2,988.
For the comparable week a year earlier, there were 4,033 initial claims.
The four-week moving average, which is a less volatile measure of claims, decreased to 3,240 from the previous week's total of 3,426.
Continued unemployment claims claimed for the week ending Aug. 4 totaled 36,452, compared to 36,639 the previous week. The four-week moving average for such claims increased to 36,512 from 36,264.