Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Thu June 19, 2014
Levee Board Meeting On Lawsuit To Force Wetlands Repair
The levee board suing 97 oil, gas and pipeline companies to force repairs of wetlands damaged over the years by production will be discussing the lawsuit Thursday.
It comes after Governor Bobby Jindal signed legislation that blocks the board from pursuing that plan.
He says the lawsuit runs counter to the state’s master plan for coastal restoration.
The Southeast Louisiana Flood Protection Authority-East will have a closed-door session to discuss the lawsuit.
An open session will include comments from lawyer Gladstone Jones, one of the lead attorneys on the lawsuit filed last summer.
Those who support the lawsuit say the matter will likely end up in court.