Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 20, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- Telltale Rainbow Sheens Reveal Thousands Of Unreported Oil Spills In The Gulf
- For The First Time In 70 Years, Wild Whooping Cranes Have Laid Eggs In Louisiana
Tue April 23, 2013
The Lens Reporting: Riverfront Development Proposals
This week state lawmakers and New Orleans city officials got a look at some proposals for riverfront development.
Tyler Bridges over at The Lens has been following the issue, which involves decisions about what to do with the World Trade Center, at the foot of Canal Street.
WWNO News Director Eve Troeh talked with Bridges about the specifics of these plans, including a proposal which expands far beyond just the office tower.
Bridges started by describing the area, so familiar to so many New Orleans residents and tourists.
This news content made possible with support from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.
Notes from New Orleans
Convention Center Renovations