Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- For The First Time In 70 Years, Wild Whooping Cranes Have Laid Eggs In Louisiana
Tue February 19, 2013
Legislature to Consider Bayou Corne Buy Out, Saltdome Regulation
Originally published on Tue February 19, 2013 5:35 pm
It’s been 200 days since a sinkhole forced residents of Bayou Corne to evacuate their homes.
State lawmakers have an eye on legislation aiming to amend constituents' problems and assure Louisianians won't meet the same situation in the future.
Bayou Corne Sinkhole