Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
Fri July 13, 2012
Lebanese Tire Of Protesters Using Tires
Originally published on Fri July 13, 2012 10:04 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. People in Beirut are sick of political protests across the country. Protesters have been blocking highways with burning tires. So there was only one thing to do. Yesterday, they held a protest using tires against protests using tires. Instead of burning the tires in the street, they painted the tires many colors. The protesters held up signs reading: We are tired. And a police officer refused to ticket them, saying, their tires are pretty. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.