Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
State Employee Retirement
Thu May 31, 2012
Lawmakers Back Revamp of Pension for New Workers
BATON ROUGE — Lawmakers have agreed to create a new pension plan for future rank-and-file state workers. Their decision gives Gov. Bobby Jindal his first significant win in his bid to revamp state retirement.