Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
WWNO News Reports
Tue February 23, 2010
Landrieu Names Police Task Force
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Landrieu named Xavier President Norman Francis and head of the New Orleans Urban League, Nolan Rollins, as co-chairs of the committee to find a new police chief. Landrieu said he'd like someone selected and ready to start on May 3rd, when he takes office.
Landrieu outlined what candidates must demonstrate.
He said a national search is needed to assure people that the best candidate gets the job.
In all, there are 246 jobs that will need filling at City Hall under the new administration. About 600 resumes have been submitted online so far.
Meantime, Landrieu is heading to Washington, D.C, this week for meetings with White House, Cabinet and Congressional delegation representatives to discuss what the city needs.