Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Reports
Tue February 23, 2010
Landrieu Names Police Task Force
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Landrieu named Xavier President Norman Francis and head of the New Orleans Urban League, Nolan Rollins, as co-chairs of the committee to find a new police chief. Landrieu said he'd like someone selected and ready to start on May 3rd, when he takes office.
Landrieu outlined what candidates must demonstrate.
He said a national search is needed to assure people that the best candidate gets the job.
In all, there are 246 jobs that will need filling at City Hall under the new administration. About 600 resumes have been submitted online so far.
Meantime, Landrieu is heading to Washington, D.C, this week for meetings with White House, Cabinet and Congressional delegation representatives to discuss what the city needs.