Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue August 28, 2012
Lakeshore Drive in New Orleans closed
City officials have closed Lakeshore Drive, the roadway that runs along the south shore of Lake Pontchartrain. Officials said anyone found on the roadway, floodgates or levees may be arrested.
Hurricane Isaac is expected to drive the lake over the seawall. Levees protect nearby neighborhoods.
Tropical Storm Isaac