Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Tue August 28, 2012
Lakeshore Drive in New Orleans closed
City officials have closed Lakeshore Drive, the roadway that runs along the south shore of Lake Pontchartrain. Officials said anyone found on the roadway, floodgates or levees may be arrested.
Hurricane Isaac is expected to drive the lake over the seawall. Levees protect nearby neighborhoods.
Tropical Storm Isaac