Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri January 18, 2013
Lafayette DA: Crime Likely Limited in His Office
Lafayette Parish District Attorney Mike Harson says he does not believe anyone else in his office was knowingly involved in the bribery scheme that his former secretary and office administrator admitted to earlier this week.
Barna D. Haynes pleaded guilty Monday to one count of conspiracy in an ongoing federal investigation of bribes that were paid for giving criminal defendants a break, mainly in DWI cases.
U.S. Attorney Stephanie Finley has said she anticipates more guilty pleas in the investigation.
Harson told The Advocate Tuesday he could not speculate on who might be charged but no one else in his office has resigned, been terminated or placed on leave in connection with the case.