Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Fri January 18, 2013
Lafayette DA: Crime Likely Limited in His Office
Lafayette Parish District Attorney Mike Harson says he does not believe anyone else in his office was knowingly involved in the bribery scheme that his former secretary and office administrator admitted to earlier this week.
Barna D. Haynes pleaded guilty Monday to one count of conspiracy in an ongoing federal investigation of bribes that were paid for giving criminal defendants a break, mainly in DWI cases.
U.S. Attorney Stephanie Finley has said she anticipates more guilty pleas in the investigation.
Harson told The Advocate Tuesday he could not speculate on who might be charged but no one else in his office has resigned, been terminated or placed on leave in connection with the case.