Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Mon February 4, 2013
Lafayette Airport Marks Another Record Year
A record number of passengers flew into and out of Lafayette Regional Airport in 2012, marking three consecutive years of record-breaking passenger activity.
A total of 459,119 travelers flew into and out of the airport in 2012, topping the previous number of 455,730 set in 2011.
The Advertiser reports Mike Burrows, the airport's assistant director of aviation, credited the soaring activity to increased marketing efforts through the Fly Lafayette campaign.
Notes from New Orleans