Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Mon February 4, 2013
Lafayette Airport Marks Another Record Year
A record number of passengers flew into and out of Lafayette Regional Airport in 2012, marking three consecutive years of record-breaking passenger activity.
A total of 459,119 travelers flew into and out of the airport in 2012, topping the previous number of 455,730 set in 2011.
The Advertiser reports Mike Burrows, the airport's assistant director of aviation, credited the soaring activity to increased marketing efforts through the Fly Lafayette campaign.
Notes from New Orleans