Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Tue July 24, 2012
John Folse takes Louisiana cooking to Olympics
Chef John Folse is taking a taste of Louisiana and the "Spirit of the Gulf Coast" to what he calls the "ultimate" stage.
Folse is leading the "Team USA" of the culinary world — eight chefs from Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida — to the Olympic Games.
WAFB-TV reports (http://bit.ly/M6dOW2) Folse's manufacturing plant in Donaldsonville is where the chefs have prepared a menu representing the Gulf region. The menu consists of alligator gumbo, crab cakes, shrimp pasta and Galatoire's famous crab maison dish as well as other items that 1,000 athletes from competing countries will enjoy each night as part of BP's presentation at the U.S. pavilion during the London games.
The food for the athletes shipped out Monday.
The opening ceremonies for the Olympics begin Friday.