Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue July 24, 2012
John Folse takes Louisiana cooking to Olympics
Chef John Folse is taking a taste of Louisiana and the "Spirit of the Gulf Coast" to what he calls the "ultimate" stage.
Folse is leading the "Team USA" of the culinary world — eight chefs from Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida — to the Olympic Games.
WAFB-TV reports (http://bit.ly/M6dOW2) Folse's manufacturing plant in Donaldsonville is where the chefs have prepared a menu representing the Gulf region. The menu consists of alligator gumbo, crab cakes, shrimp pasta and Galatoire's famous crab maison dish as well as other items that 1,000 athletes from competing countries will enjoy each night as part of BP's presentation at the U.S. pavilion during the London games.
The food for the athletes shipped out Monday.
The opening ceremonies for the Olympics begin Friday.