Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Mon June 11, 2012
Joan Osborne On Mountain Stage
Originally published on Mon June 23, 2014 8:50 am
Joan Osborne makes her fifth appearance on Mountain Stage, recorded on the campus of West Virginia University in Morgantown. Osborne's performance was the final date on the first leg of her 2012 tour in support of her latest album, Bring It on Home. With a career that's inching toward the two-decade mark, Osborne has found success across genres, earning accolades as a singer-songwriter, pop hitmaker and rootsy, bluesy soul singer.
Since the release of her 1995 breakout Relish, Osborne has waded deeper into the world of blues and R&B, from which her love of singing began. It's only fitting that Bring It on Home is her first album composed entirely of covers in that genre. Backed by her band, Osborne's sultry, muscular voice shines in songs ranging from Slim Harpo's "Shake Your Hips" to the Bill Withers deep cut "Same Love That Made Me Laugh."
This Mountain Stage performance was originally published on June 11, 2012.