Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Tue September 11, 2012
Jindal orders flags at half-staff for 9/11
In recognition of the anniversary of Sept. 11, Gov. Bobby Jindal has ordered flags at all state buildings to be flown at half-staff from sunrise to sunset.
Jindal's executive order says the move Tuesday is "an expression of respect for Louisiana's fallen civilian and service members who lost their lives on Sept. 11, 2001, and the days since to defend the United States of America."
The order, signed Monday, affects flags flown over the State Capitol and all public buildings and institutions of the state.