Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tropical Storm Isaac
Sun August 26, 2012
Jindal may skip GOP convention because of Isaac
Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal says he's considering skipping his speaking engagement at Republican National Convention because of Tropical Storm Isaac.
Jindal said at a news conference Sunday afternoon that he wouldn't leave his state while it's threatened by the storm. Around the time he spoke, a hurricane warning was issued for parts of the state east of Morgan City, which includes the New Orleans area.
He also called a state of emergency in Louisiana and suggested that people leave low-lying parts of coastal parishes.
Isaac is expected to be a strong Category 2 hurricane when it comes ashore along the Gulf Coast late Tuesday or Wednesday. Wednesday is the seventh anniversary of Hurricane Katrina.