Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Tue September 4, 2012
Jindal declares public health emergency from Isaac
Gov. Bobby Jindal has declared a statewide public health emergency to let government workers enter private property to assess and remove nuisance debris from Hurricane Isaac that poses a health hazard.
His statement Monday notes that widespread flooding continues in some areas, the state has issued more than 200 water boil advisories and has lost more than 40 percent of the electrical power statewide for an extended period.
It also notes that every parish in the state issued an emergency declaration and many issued evacuation orders, and that health care may be disrupted for people who had to move out of their homes.