Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri January 11, 2013
Jindal Declares Emergency Because of Storms
Gov. Bobby Jindal declared a statewide emergency Thursday after storms rolled across Louisiana, dumping huge amounts of rain and causing flooding in some areas.
The declaration lets Louisiana use state money to help local governments deal with flooding and storm
A slow-moving storm system dumped almost a foot of rain in some areas as it moved east, causing rivers to swell and flooding streets in some urban areas.
No injuries were reported, though authorities suspect a tornado may have been the cause of damage at an industrial plant near Baton Rouge.
Forecasters warned that another round of rain was likely across the state over the weekend.