Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Fishermen And Retailers Go High-Tech For Authentic Gulf Seafood
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
- Short-Term Rental Stakeholders All Agree On One Thing: Current Law Inadequate
WWNO News Reports
Sat October 22, 2011
Jindal, Dardenne Re-Elected
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, LA – Governor Jindal received nearly 70 percent of the votes ahead of nine other candidates. Democrats failed to post a well-funded challenger with statewide name recognition. Republicans are celebrating holding seven statewide elected posts, as well as both chambers of the state legislature. Incumbent Lieutenant Governor Jay Dardenne defeated Plaquemines Parish President Billy Nungesser, who gained national attention for criticizing the response to the BP oil spill last year. The lieutenant governor is next in line to the top office if Jindal leaves before serving the full four-year term.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming.