Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Newport Folk Festival
Tue August 13, 2013
Jim James, Live In Concert: Newport Folk 2013
Originally published on Fri June 20, 2014 2:39 pm
Jim James has spent his career singing big, booming songs that echo into the sky. With My Morning Jacket, he specializes in letting his gigantic voice ring out past the rafters in songs that boom and blare. But on his first solo album under his own name, this year's Regions of Light and Sound of God, James turns inward and recasts himself as a lost wanderer in search of redemption, salvation and comfort. Playing each instrument himself, James still gives that unmistakable voice a workout, but it's in service of something more plaintive and intimate — and often more relatable — than his My Morning Jacket pursuits.
Hear Jim James perform as part of the 2013 Newport Folk Festival, recorded live on Saturday, July 27 in Newport, R.I.
- "State Of The Art (A.E.I.O.U.)"
- "Know Til Now"
- "A New Life"
- "Of The Mother Again"
- "All Is Forgiven"
- "God's Love To Deliver"
- "Wonderful (The Way I Feel)"
- "The Right Place"
- "Changing World"