Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
WWNO News Reports
Tue October 27, 2009
Interstate 12 Interchange Approved on Northshore
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – Traffic along Interstate 12 and Louisiana 1088 northeast of Mandeville will be linked by an interchange. Residents have been pushing for the project because drivers on the Interstate have no easy access to schools or subdivisions in the area, meaning they have to travel out of their way and through heavy traffic. The problem became worse in August when the St. Tammany Parish School Board opened Lakeshore High School. Construction on the $20 million dollar interchange is expected to start in January.