Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Thu May 17, 2012
Huey P. Long Bridge Closed this Weekend
JEFFERSON, La. (AP) — The Huey P. Long Bridge will close at midnight Friday and is not expected to reopen until midnight on Sunday.
State transportation officials said the shutdown is necessary for removal of old lanes on the bridge, which is being reconstructed.
Drivers can use the Crescent City Connection or the Interstate 310 Bridge at Luling as alternate crossings of the Mississippi River.
Widening of the bridge is expected to be completed in 2013.