Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Thu May 17, 2012
Huey P. Long Bridge Closed this Weekend
JEFFERSON, La. (AP) — The Huey P. Long Bridge will close at midnight Friday and is not expected to reopen until midnight on Sunday.
State transportation officials said the shutdown is necessary for removal of old lanes on the bridge, which is being reconstructed.
Drivers can use the Crescent City Connection or the Interstate 310 Bridge at Luling as alternate crossings of the Mississippi River.
Widening of the bridge is expected to be completed in 2013.