Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Thu June 21, 2012
House Panel Holds U.S. Attorney General In Contempt
Originally published on Thu June 21, 2012 5:39 am
For the first time since President Obama took office, the White House has invoked executive privilege in a dispute with Congress. Obama sided with his Justice Department and refused to turn over documents to House Republicans in their probe of the botched gun-trafficking operation known as Fast and Furious. But the aggressive move by the president was not enough to stop a Republican committee from voting to hold his attorney general in contempt.