Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Gulf Oil Spill
Mon April 18, 2011
House Hearing Set For Houma; Claims Update Set For Release
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – The House Natural Resources Committee is holding a hearing today (Monday) at the Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center. Republican Representative Jeff Landry of New Iberia says he'll offer his views of Gulf drilling as critical to domestic energy production. Also planning to attend are members of the Gulf Coast Environmental and Health Coalition. It opposes legislation aimed at kick starting offshore drilling. Gulf fishing and seafood business representatives are also set to speak to the committee. Later today, Gulf Coast Claims Facility administrator Kenneth Feinberg will release an update on the claims process.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming