Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Gulf Oil Spill
Mon April 18, 2011
House Hearing Set For Houma; Claims Update Set For Release
By Eileen Fleming
New Orleans, La. – The House Natural Resources Committee is holding a hearing today (Monday) at the Houma-Terrebonne Civic Center. Republican Representative Jeff Landry of New Iberia says he'll offer his views of Gulf drilling as critical to domestic energy production. Also planning to attend are members of the Gulf Coast Environmental and Health Coalition. It opposes legislation aimed at kick starting offshore drilling. Gulf fishing and seafood business representatives are also set to speak to the committee. Later today, Gulf Coast Claims Facility administrator Kenneth Feinberg will release an update on the claims process.
For WWNO, I'm Eileen Fleming