Most Active Stories
- Fazendeville, the town razed to make way for the Chalmette National Monument
- Photo Gallery: 2015 New Orleans Comic Con
- Electric car company Tesla Motors expanding number of charging stations in Louisiana
- Le Show For The Week Of Jan. 11, 2015
- Tickets Now On Sale For Wait, Wait... Don't Tell Me! — March 12, 2015 At The Saenger Theatre
Wed September 12, 2012
Hours extended to apply for food assistance
State officials say hours have been extended in Orleans and Jefferson parishes for residents seeking disaster food assistance following Hurricane Isaac.
Suzy Sonnier, secretary of the Department of Children and Family Services, says both UNO's Lakefront Arena in Orleans Parish and the Alario Center in Jefferson Parish will process applications from 6 a.m. until 10 p.m. Wednesday for those whose last name begins with A through M; on Thursday, applicants N through Z will be processed.
DCFS says it's also increasing processing capacity by adding computers and staff at each site.
The department has also received a two-day extension for applicants in Lafourche. The new deadline there is Thursday.
In Plaquemines and St. John the Baptist parishes, the new deadline is Friday.