Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
WWNO News Features
Wed October 28, 2009
Hospitals Spark Controversy
By Eve Abrams
New Orleans, Louisiana – For well over 200 years, anyone could get top notch health care at Charity Hospital, free. After Hurricane Katrina, New Orleans' primary public hospital was closed. Most city and state officials are working to open a new, state-of-the-art teaching hospital in lower Mid-City, but a broad coalition of local interests have other ideas. Eve Abrams reports.