Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Sat September 29, 2012
Hornets VP Detained At Airport With Loaded Gun
A New Orleans Hornets executive was detained by police at Newark Airport after Transportation Security Administration agents discovered a loaded handgun in his luggage, the New York Post is reporting.
Joshua Richardson, the team’s vice president for event presentation and broadcasting, was detained by the TSA and Port Authority Police last night as he attempted to check in for a flight back to New Orleans. Richardson told airport officials the .38-caliber gun belongs to his wife, and he had taken her bag with him accidentally.
Richardson has been charged with one count of criminal possession of a firearm, the Post reported.
The TSA is conducting a review of the incident, according to a statement made by spokesman Sterling Payne to CNN.