Most Active Stories
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Barataria Bay, 4 Years After The Deepwater Horizon Disaster
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Wed November 7, 2012
Hornets rookies Davis, Rivers out vs. 76ers
New Orleans Hornets rookies Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers both have been ruled out for tonight's game against the Philadelphia 76ers.
Davis has been sidelined by a minor concussion since the middle of New Orleans' second game of the season last Friday night. Rivers has a sprained left index finger and will be out for the first time.
Davis, the first overall choice in the 2012 draft, has averaged 14.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in his first two games.
Rivers has averaged 6 points, 3.3 assists and 2 rebounds through three games, with a season high 9 points in his last game, a victory at Chicago on Saturday night.
Hornets coach Monty Williams says rookie Darius Miller is slated to start at shooting guard in Rivers' absence.