Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Wed November 7, 2012
Hornets rookies Davis, Rivers out vs. 76ers
New Orleans Hornets rookies Anthony Davis and Austin Rivers both have been ruled out for tonight's game against the Philadelphia 76ers.
Davis has been sidelined by a minor concussion since the middle of New Orleans' second game of the season last Friday night. Rivers has a sprained left index finger and will be out for the first time.
Davis, the first overall choice in the 2012 draft, has averaged 14.5 points, 6.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks in his first two games.
Rivers has averaged 6 points, 3.3 assists and 2 rebounds through three games, with a season high 9 points in his last game, a victory at Chicago on Saturday night.
Hornets coach Monty Williams says rookie Darius Miller is slated to start at shooting guard in Rivers' absence.