Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri April 26, 2013
Honoring Film Critic Roger Ebert — With A Conga Line
The big hit was actress Tilda Swinton, who closed out last Friday night with this touching tribute to the longtime movie critic: a conga line.
Onstage was Ebert's widow, Chaz, who told the audience they would have to get up, too, and dance to Barry White's "You're My Everything," which they obligingly did. But it was Swinton, plunging into the audience, who started the snaking line of participants that ended up bringing their "dance-along" up front to cheers and applause. Fortunately, there's video.