Most Active Stories
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Around the Nation
Wed April 25, 2012
Heisman Winner RG3 Immortalized In Chicken
Originally published on Wed April 25, 2012 7:10 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. On balance, this is probably an honor for Robert Griffin III. The former Baylor quarterback is waiting for the NFL draft. The Washington Redskins expect to take him. And people at a Subway sandwich shop in Manhattan made a statue of Mr. Griffin. It's a bust, larger than life, made of barbecued chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and chili peppers. Griffin visited the bust and called it, quote, "cool," though he's not sure it looks very much like him. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.