Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Around the Nation
Wed April 25, 2012
Heisman Winner RG3 Immortalized In Chicken
Originally published on Wed April 25, 2012 7:10 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. On balance, this is probably an honor for Robert Griffin III. The former Baylor quarterback is waiting for the NFL draft. The Washington Redskins expect to take him. And people at a Subway sandwich shop in Manhattan made a statue of Mr. Griffin. It's a bust, larger than life, made of barbecued chicken, lettuce, tomatoes and chili peppers. Griffin visited the bust and called it, quote, "cool," though he's not sure it looks very much like him. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.