Most Active Stories
- Sarah Vowell Riffs On Satchmo, 'The Incredibles' And Andrew Jackson
- Battle Brewing In Holy Cross Over Proposed Highrises
- Le Show For April 13, 2014
- The Listening Post Asks: Should Sex Education Be Required In Louisiana Public Schools?
- Richard Campanella Cityscapes: New Orleans' Tallest, Strangest, Forgotten Building
Sun August 12, 2012
Haynesville shale slowdown hits hotels
The hundreds of hotel rooms planned or under construction in Shreveport-Bossier City might be missing their intended clients.
The Times reports hotel operators had counted on guests in town for business in the Haynesville shale oil field.
But a slowdown of natural gas production has cut into room nights.
More than 1,300 hotel rooms are in final planning phases or under construction in Shreveport-Bossier City. An additional 169 rooms have gone into operation this year in Bossier City.