Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Sun August 12, 2012
Haynesville shale slowdown hits hotels
The hundreds of hotel rooms planned or under construction in Shreveport-Bossier City might be missing their intended clients.
The Times reports hotel operators had counted on guests in town for business in the Haynesville shale oil field.
But a slowdown of natural gas production has cut into room nights.
More than 1,300 hotel rooms are in final planning phases or under construction in Shreveport-Bossier City. An additional 169 rooms have gone into operation this year in Bossier City.