Most Active Stories
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — The Shape We're In Now
- The Louisiana Coast: Last Call — How We Got This Way: The Mississippi River
- Bring Your Own Presents: 'Virginia'
- Dirty Diapers Pile Up In Portland Recycling Bins: 'It's Not Pretty'
- As With Dalai Lama Today, Pope's Visit To New Orleans 25 Years Ago Came Amid Violence
Sun August 12, 2012
Haynesville shale slowdown hits hotels
The hundreds of hotel rooms planned or under construction in Shreveport-Bossier City might be missing their intended clients.
The Times reports hotel operators had counted on guests in town for business in the Haynesville shale oil field.
But a slowdown of natural gas production has cut into room nights.
More than 1,300 hotel rooms are in final planning phases or under construction in Shreveport-Bossier City. An additional 169 rooms have gone into operation this year in Bossier City.