Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
This Is NPR
Fri April 5, 2013
Happy Birthday, Carl Kasell
Originally published on Tue April 2, 2013 6:03 am
Perhaps you've heard on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me! that Carl Kasell, the show's official judge and scorekeeper, has a few magic tricks up his sleeves. The truth is, we didn't realize the extent of this skill set, until NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour asked fans to post photos of a trending meme on Facebook last week.
With the help of a few NPR staff members, Kasell revealed that he has amassed more power in his 79 years than most could have imagined.
Happy 79th birthday, Carl – you continue to blow us away with each passing year!