Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Tue December 11, 2012
Grow Dat Youth Farm Nurtures Leaders
When teenagers look for a job, they often seek skills and training just as much as money. But for kids growing up without abundant resources, opportunities for developing confidence, humility, and a good work ethic can be hard to come by. Yet one New Orleans program, the Grow Dat Youth Farm, provides all of this and more in one fell swoop.
This past Saturday Grow Dat hired 30 new employees from New Orleans’ high schools, who will learn leadership and professionalism through the meaningful act of growing food.
Correction: Dec. 18, 2012
This article has been revised to reflect the following correction:
The photo accompanying this article was mistakenly attributed to Eve Abrams. The photo was in fact created by Dacia Idom.
Farmers Market Minute