Most Active Stories
- Le Show For July 20, 2014
- Jazz Composer Jerome Theriot Celebrates New Release; Cat On A Hot Tin Roof; Hurray For The Riff Raff
- Women Stage Protest At Hobby Lobby In Elmwood
- 'Pink Slime' Is Making A Comeback. Do You Have A Beef With That?
- State Representative In New Orleans East Sounds Call Over Coastal Erosion
Wed June 15, 2011
Greenberg, Vaucresson, and Birtel
Creole Meuniere Sauce
Yields approximately 1/2 cup, enough to sauce 6 fish fillet
1/2 cup veal stock
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/3 pound butter, unsalted, cold, and cut in 1/2 inch cubes
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Salt to taste
Add veal stock to a small stainless sauce pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cook stock until it is reduced by 1/3 of its original volume. Add Worcestershire sauce, and the juice of 1 lemon. Bring to a boil and cook for 1-2 minutes. Reduce heat, then whisk in the butter gradually to incorporate. When all of the butter has been added, remove from heat and set aside in a warm place.
We'd love to hear from you! Email us!