Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
- Episode 609: The Curse Of The Black Lotus
Wed October 5, 2011
The Gorilla Man and The Empress of Steak & NOLA Goes Pink
Crystal Honey Sauce
1/2 cup Crystal hot sauce
1/4 cup honey
This recipe originates with Chef Darin Nesbit of the Bourbon House. Chef Darin tosses fried alligator in the sauce and serves it with blue cheese dressing for dipping, a la buffalo wings.
Bring the 1/2 cup Crystal hot sauce to a boil in a saucepan and boil until it has reduced in volume by half. Add the honey to the hot sauce, return to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook together for 10 minutes.
To use the sauce, toss in fried seafood (shrimp, oysters, frog's legs or alligator) or fried chicken wings and serve immediately.
This sauce may also be used as a basting sauce for pork or chicken.
We'd love to hear from you! Write us or enter our Culinary Quiz!