Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of Mar. 15, 2015
- Machete-Wielding Man Attacks TSA Agents At Louis Armstrong Airport, Is Shot By Police
- Peter Sagal Says New Orleans Is The Best — And He'll Show Us A Great Time Thursday Night
- The Irish Have Been Part Of New Orleans From The Beginning
- Argo The Police Dog Forces Carjacking Suspect Hiding Inside Cemetery Tomb To Surrender
Fri September 21, 2012
German shipping company adds Port of New Orleans to Latin American service
A German shipping company has added the Port of New Orleans to a weekly service connecting the city with several Latin American countries.
The port said Thursday that Hamburg Sud will provide the container service through a space charter agreement with Hapag-Lloyd.
The new service will connect New Orleans to ports in the Dominican Republic, Argentina, Uruguay, Mexico and Brazil.
Port president and CEO Gary LaGrange said in a statement that the new service gives customers better access and more frequent service to Latin American markets.
Small Business Assistance Fund