Most Active Stories
- Le Show For The Week Of April 26, 2015
- Live Stream And Chat: What Can #NOLASchools Teach Us?
- Watch A Time-Lapse Video Of The Calbuco Volcano Erupting In Chile
- Southeast Louisiana Legal Services Helps Delgado Students Jump Legal Hurdles
- A million dead birds and five years later, scientists still struggling to assess BP spill's impact
Wed July 23, 2014
Funeral Services Set For Jazz Musician Lionel Ferbos
Funeral services are planned for Lionel Ferbos — the 103-year-old New Orleans jazz trumpeter and tinsmith who died July 19.
Ferbos will be buried August 2 — the same weekend the Satchmo Summerfest celebrates the legacy of another New Orleans trumpeter, Louis Armstrong.
Charbonnet Labat Funeral Home will host a wake for Ferbos on August 1 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Visitation is from 8 a.m. to 9 a.m. on August 2 at Corpus Christi Epiphany Catholic Church.
NOLA.com/The Times-Picayune reports Archbishop Gregory Aymond will preside over a funeral Mass at Corpus Christi.
Musicians scheduled to participate include "Deacon" John Moore and clarinetist Dr. Michael White.
A second-line procession with the Tremé Brass Band and Black Men of Labor Social Aid and Pleasure Club will depart from the church after the Mass.
With additional reporting by WWNO's Eileen Fleming and Jason Saul.